March 2, 2015.
Open until filled.
KSJD Community Radio and the Sunflower Theatre are accepting applications for a Director of Marketing and Sales (DMS) to steward existing clients while cultivating and securing new corporate clients that market their products and services on KSJD, ksjd.org and at the Sunflower Theatre. A successful candidate will be creative, pro-active, disciplined, and entrepreneurial while possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Duties and Capacities
- Understand and communicate public radio value proposition to clients
- Understand and communicate the arts and culture venue value proposition to clients
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Write copy and/or provide graphics that meets client’s marketing needs and , where applicable, Federal Communication Commission rules
- Work creatively and cooperatively with the program director to place underwriter support messages and
- Create and update regularly marketing materials.
Other Essential Duties
- Record copy using digital recording equipment
- Train for and perform on-air duties
- Performs other duties as assigned, and
- Attends trainings as required or requested.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Proven interpersonal marketing skills
- Understanding of media landscape and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills, and
- Familiarity with public and community radio programming.
- Valid State Drivers license
- Auto Insurance
Required Technical Skills:
Familiarity and facility with Macintosh and/or PC operating systems. Knowledge of the Internet and use of online tools.
Work will require the use of radio station consoles, technical equipment and computers with exposure to video display terminals. Position involves periods of standing, stooping, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling. Adequate hearing is required to hear/talk with all individuals, and to use telephones on a consistent basis.
Some work performed is in an office setting
Off-site work is required at client offices, business association meetings, etc.
- Paid Time Off
- Base salary plus commission
- Health Reimbursement Account and 401k Benefit.
- 32-hour work week
Qualified candidates may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com