Administrative Assistant (Posted May 12, 2015)
Overview: Community Radio Project is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for the organization of administrative activities including mail management, accounts receivable, prep of accounts payable, accurate data entry, coordination of outgoing mail campaigns and general office support.
Position title: Administrative Assistant
Salary Range: $11-$13/hour
Supervisor: Executive Director
Weekly Hours: 12
Primary Duties include:
- Check general voice mailbox
- Answer phones and greet walk-in supporters
Incoming mail management
- Pick up mail from PO Box
- Open and distribute as appropriate
Purchase office supplies
- Develop and maintain office and building supplies for efficient office operation.
- Manage underwriting and sponsorship billing and statement delivery
- Post and update accounts
- Manage individual giving reminder delivery
- Post and update accounts (under direction of Account Exec and Development Director)
Data entry and data management
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry for clients and supporters
- Support with outgoing mailings
- Proofreading text
- Filing, scanning, copying, printing, collating documents
Other Essential Duties
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Attend trainings as required or requested.
- Two-year associates degree
- Proven interpersonal networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with public and community radio programming.
Required Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with PC operating systems and use of online tools
- Proven database entry skill
- Proven skills with Word and Excel.
Required Reasoning Abilities:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with CRP staff, coworkers, and the public
- Maintain strict confidentiality when necessary, including the ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required
- Manage and schedule a variety of tasks and projects to meet the needs of KSJD and Sunflower Theatre
- Exhibit confidence in judgment and decision-making and
- Must be able work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Work will require the use of computers with exposure to video display terminals.
- Position may involve periods of standing, stooping, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling.
- Adequate hearing is required to use telephones on a consistent basis and communicate with community members.
- Work performed is in an office setting.
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org