March 18, 2015
Open until filled
Overview: KSJD Community Radio and the Sunflower Theatre are accepting applications for Account Executive--Corporate Support to steward existing and secure new business clients who market their products and services on KSJD and at the Sunflower Theatre. A successful candidate will be creative, pro-active, disciplined, and entrepreneurial while possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills. Full job description is below. Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the Organization: An innovative media organization, KSJD Community Radio has just completed the construction of the Sunflower Theatre (a 119-seat venue for the arts and culture) in Cortez, Colorado to further its work of informing, entertaining and empowering its audience. KSJD serves communities in the Four Corners area of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, including the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe and portions of the Navajo Nation.
About the area: Cortez is a last-of-a-kind, western town, located between snow-capped peaks and deep, desert canyons. The kind of town Jackson, Durango, Aspen and Telluride used to be. And won't be again. The kind of place that mountain bikers and birders flock to. Where amateur archaeologists is an honored title and archaeology is a real job. A tough place. A beautiful place. Where cowboys are Indians and farmers are hippies. A place with faster fiber connections than Europe and where highway traffic stops for cattle drives. Where teachers come to make a difference, and do. A place where orchardists are revered and water is precious. There are 9 stoplights. Here, artists are infamous, not famous. It's a place that defies definition. And, in doing so, actually stands a chance of remaining the place it is.
About the Job:
Position: Account Executive—Corporate Support
Salary Range: DOE—Base, plus commission.
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Health Reimbursement Account and 401k Benefit. Sick Leave.
Reports to: Executive Director
Weekly Hours: 32
The Account Executive (AE) stewards, cultivates and advances clients’ marketing goals through the sale of business and corporate sponsorships supporting KSJD and the Sunflower Theatre. The medium for client marketing is through radio underwriting messages and sponsorships on digital platforms as well as a print programs for the theatre.
The AE reports to and is managed by the Executive Director.
· Market and sell radio underwriting and sponsorships to new clients
· Steward existing and renewing clients
· Meet revenue targets set by supervisor
· Draft contracts accurately and completely--this includes signatures from both the AE and the client
· Guide clients in writing copy that is within the FCC mandated guidelines for non-commercial stations as well as Community Radio Project policies and procedures
· Guide clients in graphical work that satisfies organizational capacity and sponsor goals
· Ensure that bills are sent to clients in a timely manner and will call clients with outstanding balances for 60 days, and
· Offer excellent customer service for clients as well as protect the best interests of the station.
Other Essential Duties
· Write and approve appropriate copy
· Approve print ads in Sunflower Theatre program guide
· Train for and perform on-air duties
· Performs other duties as assigned, and
· Attends trainings as required or requested.
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
· Proven interpersonal marketing skills
· Understanding of media landscape and trends
· Excellent writing and communications skills, and
· Familiarity with public and community radio programming.
Preferred Technical Skills:
· Familiarity and facility with Macintosh and PC operating systems, and
· Knowledge of the Internet and use of online tools.
· Work will require the use of radio station consoles, technical equipment and computers with exposure to video display terminals, and
· Position involves periods of standing, stooping, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling. Adequate hearing is required to hear/talk with all individuals, and to use telephones on a consistent basis.
· Some work performed is in an office setting, and
· Off-site work is required at client offices, business association meetings, etc.