KSJD is currently hiring a Director of Development.
Position: Director of Development
Salary Range: DOE
Reports to: Executive Director
Weekly Hours: 32
The Director of Development is responsible for meeting the organization’s projected monetary development goals by developing and implementing strategies to sustain and advance membership, major giving and foundation support for both KSJD Community Radio and the Sunflower Theatre.
• Cultivation and stewardship of major donors and major gifts.
• Execution and maintenance of membership program.
• Research and application to foundations for support.
• Communication with individual donors via mail, paper and digital platforms.
• Prepare for and attend important development functions.
• Oversight of branding and marketing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Broad knowledge and experience in: non-profit development.
• Above average skills in: using digital platforms and social media.
• Excellent skills in: oral and written communication with donors/clients.
• Demonstrated ability in: major gift cultivation and stewardship; implementing membership programs.
• General knowledge of: database management, social media and for the accurate and secure collection and retention of data.
• Experience in: event organizing, volunteer coordination for events.
• Other: Efficient time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Required: Reliability and discretion.
Applicable Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Proven capacity in both oral and written communication with donors/clients on multiple digital and traditional platforms; and
2. Experience with strategies of non-profit organizational development.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Trains for and performs on-air duties.
• Attends trainings as required or requested.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor's degree
• Years of experience: 3
• Familiarity with public radio programming and arts & cultural appreciation.
• Hands-on experience with graphic and printing production, mail merge operations and database concepts to extract data to better serve member/supporters.
• Familiarity with Macintosh and PC computers. Knowledge of the Internet and use of online tools.
• Work will require the use of computers with exposure to video display terminals.
• Position involves periods of standing, stooping, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling.
• Adequate hearing is required to hear/talk with all individuals, and to use telephones on a consistent basis.
• Work performed is in an office setting with time spent in at the radio station control room and production facilities.
• Off-site work is required at event locations and meetings.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.